Friday, October 9, 2009

Minnesota and Ennepetal

My first card today comes from Dahli, who lives in
Minneapolis, Minnesota--'just a few miles north
of I-35!' The picture is from the Museum of Modern Art
in New York City. It shows a piece of 'art' by Vincent
Borelli, entitled Rosemary Jamison's Truck.
Dahli tells me that it is officially Fall there now,
and she is racing the clock to get her perennials in
the ground before it gets too cold. They just
purchased their home a month ago so she must hurry!
Thank you, Dahli, for the great card!

Above is the coat of arms of the city of Ennepetal.

This card comes to me from Niels, a law student at
the Ruhr University in Westphalen. He also works
part time at a gas station. Ennepetal is a small
town of 32,000 inhabitants and it is in a beautiful
valley, as seen on the card. Niels wrote about half
of the card in English and then finished it in
German. With the help of my handy-dandy
German/English dictionary, I was able to read
(and understand) it! Thank you, Niels, for the
beautiful introduction to your city!

No comments: