Monday, November 17, 2008

Two cards from the U. S. of A.

I received two cards from the USA but,
strangely enough, each had a
'foreign' element to it.



Mi, whose user name is Riceblue, sent me this card.
Mi is a Chinese student who is studying in Ames, Iowa.
She has been in the States for about a year.
The card is a picture of an antique quilt which was made
about 1940. The pattern is called 'Housetop' and is a variation
of the Half Log Cabin pattern.
As I have also done quite a bit of quilting, I was thrilled with
this card!
Thank you, Mi, for choosing such a nice card for me!

My second USA card came from David from Buffalo, N.Y.
However, this picture is of the north shore of Prince
Edward Island in Canada. This Canadian island is near
Newfoundland, where I have also lived. Many years ago, when Sam
was still in the Air Force, we lived in St. John's, Nfld.
When I look at this picture, it reminds me of the
Grand Banks of Newfoundland.
Thank you, David, for the nice 'memory' card!

No comments: