Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Jackpot!

I hit the Jackpot today when it comes to Postcrossing.
I received four beautiful cards in the mail,
and I also had three 'sent' cards registered.
This postcard came to me from Carime, who lives in Sao Paulo. However,
the picture is the famous statue of Christ, the Redeemer, on
Corcovado Mountain in Rio de Janeiro.
As I told Carime, I remember a picture of this statue in my geography
book when I was an elementary school student! I was impressed
with it then and I am still impressed.
The statue stands 709 meters above sea level.
Carime says many people think Brazil is just Rio de Janeiro,
but, she says, 'We are more!'
Thank you, Carime, for the lovely postcard!




These four stamps brought the
postcard to me. The first is an occupational
stamp, a seamstress. Then there is a
stamp recognizing teachers. I'm not
sure about the stamp with the trumpet and
flags, but it may be remembering Carnival, for which Rio is famous.
The last stamp look like two manatees swimming.

No comments: